In addition to providing comfortable living spaces, Saint-Gobain’s solutions cover fire, safety and ease of maintenance in commercial and office buildings.
Fire, safety and security
In any type of building, safety and security for both people and property are of utmost importance. Commercial and office buildings need to cater for the safety and security of large volumes of people at a time.
Saint-Gobain offers various solutions to cater for safety and security:
- Non-combustible ceiling and walling board and insulation.
- Non-combustible duct insulation.
- Plasterboard and high-performance fire-resistant drywalling systems.
- Passive, fire rated drywall and ceiling solutions that provide vital time for occupants to evacuate the building in the event of a fire.
- High-performance fire-resistant glass products, from single panes of modified toughened glass to fully insulation-interlayered products.
- Safety films that protect from breaking glass while keeping the glass together in the event of breakage or explosions.
- Security equipment for fire-resisting doors: A motorised lock for fire exit devices or a floor spring with an electromagnetic hold-open mechanism.
- Cast iron soil and drain systems to ensure safe evacuation of contaminated effluent from buildings. Smoke is often the biggest killer in the first 30 minutes of any fire. Cast iron will not emit toxic fumes.
Office buildings and commercial buildings are often designed to accommodate changes in the structure within.
When re-branding, renovating, or reshuffling the internal setup, modularity is essential to save time and avoid messy work sites.
Saint-Gobain offers a wide range of solutions to facilitate adjustments and flexibility in commercial and office layouts, as well as ease of maintenance:
- Impact-resistant drywall system for areas subjected to increased wear and tear (knocks and bumps from trolleys and traffic).
- Glass fibre mesh fabrics to reinforce the wall surface.
- Low-maintenance self-cleaning glass for less frequent and easier cleaning.
- Self-cleaning and low maintenance architectural membranes for roofs and facades (parking lots) with chemical and physical properties that keep them white even in a polluted environment.
- Cast iron systems that withstand high working pressures and temperatures.
- Chemical-resistant epoxy adhesive and grout for interior and exterior use where chemical resistance and impermeability is required (ablution areas, storage areas subjected to chemical spillages).
- Lightweight, modular walling and ceiling solutions to speed up renovation or reduce construction time while maintaining a cleaner work site.
- Ceiling tiles with modular grids to provide easy access to the roof space.