Ocean View Drive House - Fresnaye
Nestled in the highly coveted Ocean View Drive of Fresnaye, Cape Town, is a dream home that perfectly embodies its owner's vision. This property exemplifies the latest advancements in sustainable building practices, guaranteeing not only visual allure but also a strong commitment to the environment. This achievement was accomplished through a combination of innovative systems and thoughtful design, adhering to the principles of visual comfort and aligning with Saint-Gobain’s mission of constructing superior homes that promote sustainability and performance-driven solutions for both people and the planet.
- A house located near the sea required smart building designs to allow protection from typical coastal-area weather conditions.
- The client required a design that would manage the bright light reflecting off the sea and the glare from the sand.
- Large overhangs on the façade, meant large exposed soffits, requiring a durable solution to conceal the soffit.
Saint-Gobain Africa Solutions
- Gyproc Glasroc® X is a gypsum board with mat reinforcement which has inherent mould resistant properties. The glass fibre mat protects the board with its hydrophobic coating and has additional UV resistant properties.
- The double-layer Weber-tylon® X Basecoat with mesh was then finished with conventional skimming.
“We conducted a product search and came across the Glasroc® X product supplied by Saint-Gobain which was shortly to be introduced into the South African market.
“It met all the criteria for a seamless painted ceiling finish which would be in keeping with the modern design of the house.”
“A good quality stretchable paint was applied to finish the ceilings and we are delighted with the smooth seamless ceiling now in place”
Brian Bernhardt – Project Architect, ARRCC