Enhancing Luxury and Comfort with Saint-Gobain Africa at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel
In the heart of Sandton, South Africa's vibrant economic and entertainment hub, stands the exquisite Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel. This upscale establishment offers guests a harmonious blend of luxury, comfort, and cutting-edge design. To achieve their vision of creating a truly exceptional guest experience, the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel sought the expertise of Saint-Gobain, a world-leading provider of innovative building materials.
Radisson Blu, a renowned international hotel brand, traces its roots back to 1960 when the first Radisson Hotel was established in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. Over the years, the brand has evolved and expanded, gaining global recognition for its exceptional hospitality and luxurious accommodations. In 2009, the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group rebranded its Radisson SAS hotels to Radisson Blu, bringing a fresh and contemporary identity to its upscale properties. Radisson Blu is celebrated for its commitment to excellence, innovative design, and eco-friendly initiatives, making it a top choice for discerning travelers worldwide.
The Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel aimed to surpass guest expectations by providing a sophisticated environment. They sought a partner who could offer sustainable and premium building solutions while adhering to strict timelines. Saint-Gobain Africa, with its extensive experience and reputation for excellence, proved to be the perfect fit. Collaborating closely with the hotel's architects and designers, Saint-Gobain Africa supplied a wide range of high-performance products that not only met but exceeded expectations.
This hotel is seen as setting a new architectural standard in the South African hospitality sector. Its walls, including bathroom “pods”, are made of Gyproc drywall systems and finished with RhinoLite plaster for a fine aesthetic.
The walls in the hotel (hallway and demising walls) were constructed using Gyproc drywall systems – Gyproc FireStop System 1012F12OS55.
THE SYSTEM HAS THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS AND PROPERTIES:
- The framework consists of 102 mm Gypframe™ UltraSTEEL studs and 102 mm Gypframe™ UltraSTEEL studs
- A 120 min fire rated system performance
- Rw 55 dB acoustic performance
- 2x Gyproc 15 mm FireStop boards were clad on each side of the framework.
- In wet areas, the 15 mm facing board layers of the FireStop system were replaced with Gyproc MoistureResistant boards
- Drywall cavities were filled with Isover 102 mm CavityBatt insulation batts for improved thermal and acoustic performance
- For a fine aesthetic finish, the drywall systems were skimmed with Gyproc RhinoLite plaster.
WEBER PRODUCTS WERE ALSO USED IN THE CONSTRUCTION:
- WB 114 – (QuickSet6) - A fast-setting adhesive
- WB 33 – A Weber tile grout available in 11 colours
- Plaskey WB250 - a cement-based primer and surface preparation material suitable for interior and exterior use, specially formulated to provide an excellent water-resistant all-purpose preparation for tiling. It is designed for wall and floor applications.
- Key-it WB117 - for use in conjunction with weber.prim Plaskey WB250 as a bonding coat for gypsum and cement surfaces.
- Waterproof-it Shower - an under-tile tanking system for the waterproofing of shower cubicles prior to the fixing of ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tiles for gypsum and cement surfaces.