Saint-Gobain Youthbuild Academy
Saint-Gobain Gyproc in partnership with YouthBuild International have come together to address the critical skills shortage and high youth unemployment rate in South Africa.
We offer a 12-month full-time learnership.
Ceiling and Partitioning Installation
SAQA ID: 58247
To enable all youth to meet the following outcomes:
1. Plan for the installation of ceilings and partitions using Saint-Gobain products.
2. Work according to drawings, specifications and building standards relating to the installation of ceiling and partitioning.
3. Install 4 different types of standard ceilings.
4. Install partitions.
5. Install specialized ceilings.
6. Apply safety, health, environmental and quality procedures to installations.
7. Start and run their own construction/installation enterprise.
• This is a youth initiative and therefore we encourage students between the ages of 18-29
• Applicants should have a Grade 12 senior certificate with English and Mathematics
• Applicants with a tertiary certificate or at least 1 year of experience in any area of Carpentry or Construction will be preferred.
• Applicants who do not have their senior certificate but who have at least 2 years experience in the construction industry will be considered.
• Must be able to read and write English.
• Must be able to do basic mathematics and measurement.
To Enroll : send your CV, copy of your ID, Passed Grade 10 /11 report or Matric certificate and a short motivation letter to SSALearning@saint-gobain.com
On or Before 30 November 2023.